MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell on Saturday called the COVID-19 vaccine “mark of the beast stuff” and threatened to sue Dominion Voting Systems for allegedly “suppressing the truth” about election fraud.© Mandel Ngan/Getty Michael J. Lindell, CEO of MyPillow Inc., speaks during the daily briefing on the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, in the Rose Garden of the White House in Washington, DC, on March 30, 2020.
By: Christina Zhao/Newsweek
Lindell made the remarks in an appearance on Steve Bannon’s War Room: Pandemic podcast, one day after the release of Absolute Proof, his two-hour election fraud “documentary.” During the interview, Lindell railed against “cancel culture,” the vaccine and lockdown measures put in place to mitigate the coronavirus pandemic.
“I think we’re going down a communist path, the socialism is coming in here, everybody can look at what happened in Nazi Germany. I mean this is—we’re going down—it’s happening so fast, when I see and experience the cancelation of people, canceling out people’s jobs, they don’t exist,” he said.
Lindell went on to claim that the COVID-19 vaccine was the “mark of the beast”—a prophecy mentioned in chapter 13, verse 18 of the biblical Book of Revelations.
“Now it’s this ‘One World Order,’ this stuff is in Revelations, you know that’s what I was talking about, and you combine that with this vaccine, that’s ‘mark of the beast’ stuff,” he said. “I mean, this is horrible, keeping us indoors.”
Earlier in the interview, Lindell also floated the idea of suing Dominion Voting Systems. “I will go after them if that’s—if there’s a way to do it, I will do that for the American people. We’ve got to. The truth needs to come out. So if the truth does not come out here, if they keep suppressing it, what other recourse do I have?” he said. “I’ve got to bring them to court.”
The remarks came after Dominion sent the bedding businessman a letter warning of “imminent” litigation over his unverified claims of election fraud. On Sunday, Dominion spokesperson Michael Steel told CNN that “Lindell is begging to be sued, and at some point we may well oblige him.”
Shortly after Lindell’s election fraud “documentary” dropped on Friday, YouTube and Vimeo quickly moved to remove the movie from their platforms. A YouTube spokesperson told Vice News that the contents of the two-hour feature “violated our presidential election integrity policy.”
Conservative media network One American News (OAN) aired the film on Friday with a 90-second disclaimer. “Mr. Lindell is the sole author and executive producer of this program and is solely and exclusively responsible for its content,” it read. “This program is not the product of OAN’s reporting.”
Newsweek reached out to Lindell’s representatives for further comment.